Wondering Around Wednesday.

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

All this snow and chilly chilly air have me daydreaming about our trips to Los Angeles, so I've compiled a list of our favourite haunts. I figure there is no better day to do so than on a chilly snowy day like today. It might (just might), exude some warmth. 

Where we Stay: Venice Beach Place 

 

Favourite Coffee Joint: Groundwork

 
Favourite places to shop:

 



Best Vintage store hands down: The Way We Wore
This place is magical. I've never seen so much vintage designer treasures in one place. For real real vintage. Possibly the best hour and a half I have spent in a long time. Pucci, Chanel, YSL, Dries.. you name it, they were there and I touched them all! Sigh!



Found! A very cool new shop: Mohawk General Store
A well curated mix of fashion, music and furniture. Very well done! 


My favourite moment from our last trip was spending an evening with Heidi Merrick, her husband Johnny and their sweet little girl Hiver. Wining, dining, and chatting the night away at Little Dom's (which is a remarkable little Italian restaurant.)

 

I loved that evening so much! Heidi is a huge inspiration to me. In early 2008, in the beginning stages of my store, I remember reading about her in Domino magazine. It was one of those moments where I thought, "here's a girl who takes the right things in life seriously". Makes clothing she wants to wear. Surrounds herself with family, friends, fashion, and the ocean. Her confidence and realness was something I knew I wanted to emulate in my business too. I don't know if she knows this, but she is my new Los Angeles BFF, Best Fashion Friend for sure.

Stay tuned folks, we're launching our Holiday Q&A series this Friday with some of our favorite peeps. First up is Heidi herself.
 

© Oliver and Lilly's All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger